Translation of all types of documents from and to Azeri
ATT – Translation Services offers the services of experienced and professional translators of the Azerbaijani (Azeri) language in various fields and specialisations. All of them are capable of performing high-quality and professional translations of standard and not-so-standard specialised texts in the field in which they themselves specialise. The main task of our technical translation bureau is to unite and direct the work of various translation specialists in a proper direction. Another equally important task is the supervision of the translation process and the subsequent editing of the completed translation, the so-called revision of the translation by an editor.
We have been performing translations of various complexity levels since 2001. Over these years we have participated in a large number of translation projects, some of which included the Azerbaijani language. We have mostly done translations from Russian into Azeri but we have encountered other pairs: English to Azeri, Azeri to German and others.
In each area of specialization, we do not strive to involve just any translator-philologist, but a specialist who has significant experience in the work of the required specialty. For example, a music specialist is unlikely to be able to translate a charter or a non-disclosure agreement. A builder or a mechanic will be useless in translating an article about a toothache. In addition to knowledge of a foreign language, in this case, the Azerbaijani language, you need to possess a huge base of special terms, necessary for use and used specifically in the project you need. In addition, a non-native speaker of Azeri is unlikely to be able to translate into this language in a quality manner, just as a translation from Azeri is best trusted to a Russian-speaking translator who can best select the term or vocabulary to clearly describe the data being translated.
What are the most common orders?
If we exclude purely notarial translations of documents, most orders of technical nature in our translation agency were related to product labelling, labels and packaging of Russian products for delivery to Azerbaijan. We have translated hundreds of labels of all kinds of confectionery products, cereals, and various types of sunflower oil over the years of work. We have also often translated powers of attorney and consents for legal actions between Russian and Azerbaijani citizens. Medical extracts from hospitals of the Republic of Azerbaijan have been translated several times. There were translations of multi-lingual instructions from English into Azerbaijani, among others. If we really talk about technical translation, then the Azerbaijani language was practically not used. Most technicians use Russian or English rather than Azeri when setting up oil and gas equipment.
We perform Azeri translations in the following areas:
Translation of machine manuals and instructions for delivery, assembly and commissioning and operation of various machines and equipment; translation of product specifications and technical descriptions; translation of catalogues, datasheets, data sheets; translation of AutoCAD technical documentation; translation of machine tool manuals and reference materials; translation of patents, standards and other normative documents.
Legal translation entails the translation of contracts (agreements), incorporation and registration documents; translation of articles of association of organizations, memoranda; translation of various certificates, diplomas and certificates; translation of bank statements and other bank documents; translation of legal acts and legal opinions; translation of business plans of companies, agreements and arrangements of various kinds; translation of tender offers and expert opinions; translators often deal with law search and translation
Fiction translation includes the translation of fiction, history, popular science, science fiction and other books, articles, essays, short stories and other prose; fiction translation of poetry retaining the rhyme or retaining only the meaning of the work; translation of advertising leaflets, flyers, texts advertising on radio and television; translation of other texts that require creative and creative approach;
Medical translation – it is both participation in procurement, procurement and organization of maintenance of equipment for medical institutions and translation of various medical documentation (extracts from medical history, epicrizes, certificates, examination results, etc.); translation of laboratory results, tests, examinations; translation of medical literature and scientific articles in various medical fields; translation of clinical records and disability certificates; translation of brochures of researchers and research protocols, translation of instructions for use of medicines, etc. We are able to provide all these and many more with high-quality translations from and to the Azerbaijani language.
Software translation and localization of websites: translation and localization of computer programs, all kinds of software and computer games, translation of help files, translation and maintenance of websites for the Azerbaijani sector of the Internet or vice versa, maintenance of websites of Azerbaijani companies on the Russian market. Localization of a product, game or software for another market is more like adapting the software to the culture of that country, often direct and literal translation cannot be used in localization.
When contacting our technical translation agency you can be assured of the competency of our translators, managers and editors. We will do our best to make an accurate estimate of the total cost of your order, a specific timeframe for translation and any related work in the shortest possible time. And of course, we would be best suited to your specific subject matter. If you have already ordered a translation from/to Azerbaijani but are not satisfied with the quality of work of another translator or translation agency. In that case, you can use our inexpensive editing service for a translation completed outside of our agency. This way you can save time and money. But of course, it is better to go straight to the experts in Azeri translations, who have been doing them for over 20 years!
Some facts about the Azeri language
- Azeri, also known as Azerbaijani, is a Turkic language spoken primarily in Azerbaijan and Iran. It is also spoken in parts of Georgia, Turkey, Russia, and Iraq.
- Azeri is the official language of Azerbaijan and one of the official languages of Iran.
- The Azeri language has two major dialects: North Azeri and South Azeri. North Azeri is spoken in Azerbaijan and Russia, while South Azeri is spoken in Iran.
- Azeri is written using the Latin alphabet in Azerbaijan and the Perso-Arabic script in Iran. Before the 20th century, it was written using the Arabic script.
- The Azeri language has borrowed many words from other languages, including Arabic, Russian, Persian, and Turkish.
- Azeri has a rich literary tradition that dates back to the 14th century, with famous poets such as Nizami Ganjavi and Fuzûlî.
- Azeri has a complex system of verb conjugation and noun declension. It is an agglutinative language, which means that words are formed by adding suffixes to the base word.
- Azeri is closely related to other Turkic languages, such as Turkish, Turkmen, and Uzbek.
- According to Ethnologue, there are approximately 31 million speakers of Azeri worldwide.
- Azeri is taught in schools in Azerbaijan and Iran, and there are also Azeri language courses available in other countries.
Most common difficulties in Azeri translation
As with any language translation, there are several common difficulties that can arise when translating from one language to another. Here are some of the most common difficulties that can arise when translating from other languages into Azeri:
- Grammar: Azerbaijani has a complex grammar system that can be challenging to translate accurately. For example, Azeri has several cases, and the correct use of these cases can be difficult for non-native speakers.
- Vocabulary: Azerbaijani has a rich vocabulary, but it can be challenging to find the right word or phrase to convey the intended meaning accurately.
- Idiomatic expressions: Azeri has many idiomatic expressions that can be difficult to translate literally. Translators need to understand the cultural context of these expressions to translate them accurately.
- Cultural references: Translating cultural references can be a challenge because the meaning of the reference may not be immediately apparent to non-native speakers. Translators need to be familiar with Azerbaijani culture to ensure that they translate these references accurately.
- Dialects: Azerbaijani has several regional dialects, and translators need to be aware of these dialects to ensure that their translations are appropriate for the intended audience.
- Context: Context is critical in translation, and translators need to understand the context of the source text to ensure that their translation accurately conveys the intended meaning.
- Writing style: Azerbaijani has a unique writing style, and translators need to be familiar with this style to ensure that their translations are appropriate for the intended audience.
Overall, translating into Azeri can be challenging, but with a deep understanding of the language and culture, translators can provide accurate and effective translations.
Why choose us
Looking for reliable and accurate Azeri translation services? Look no further than us! Our team of experienced and skilled translators are native speakers of Azeri, ensuring that your translations are not only accurate but also culturally relevant.
We understand the importance of communication in today’s globalized world and that’s why we strive to provide fast and efficient Azeri translation services at competitive prices. Our team is well-versed in various industries, including legal, technical, medical, and more.
Whether you need documents translated or interpretation services, we’ve got you covered. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and commitment to delivering high-quality translations that meet your specific needs.
Choose us for Azeri translation services that you can trust. Contact us today to get started!
You can post your questions and comments regarding translation of documents from and into Azeri here. We will be happy to answer them.
How is it correct – azeri or azerbaijani?
Both language names are correct. Azeri is a shorter version of Azeri. Here is a quick reference to the history of the language name from Wikipedia:
The terms ‘Azeri’ or ‘Azerbaijani’ was not in use until the 19th century, while various other names were employed during the Middle Ages. Barbara Flemming explains that the language was referred to as Turki or Turkmens, which was also used for other literary Turkic languages such as Old Anatolian/Ottoman and Chagatai. In the Mamluk state, Old Anatolian Turkish was also called Turkmens. Shahin Mustafayev also notes that Middle Ages authors who wrote in Azerbaijani, like Fizuli, referred to their language as Turks. This caused confusion since Ottoman and Chagatai were also known as Turki. The Portuguese referred to the Azerbaijani language as “turquesco,” while Europeans and Iranians commonly called it Turkish/Turkic or Turki.