Technical translation from and to English
The ATT translation agency offers the services of experienced and professional English translators of various subjects and specialisations. All of them are able to perform high-quality and professional translations of standard and not-so-standard specialised texts in the field in which they themselves specialise. The main task of our technical translation company is to unite and direct the work of various translation specialists in a proper direction. The next important task is to supervise the translation process and the subsequent editing of the completed translation, the so-called revision of the translation by an editor.
We have been performing translations of various complexity levels since 2001. Over these years we have been involved in a large number of translation projects, many of which, if not most, have involved the English language. Moreover, our translations have been carried out not only from Russian into English or vice versa, but also from English to Russian and various other language pairs: from English to Chinese, from Kazakh to English, from English to Czech, and many others.
In each area of specialization, we do not seek to employ just any interpreter-philologist, but rather a specialist who has significant experience in the precise area of his or her speciality. For example, a music specialist is unlikely to be able to translate a charter or a non-disclosure agreement. A builder or a mechanic will be useless in translating an article about a toothache. In addition to knowledge of a foreign language, in this case, the English language, you need to possess a huge database of special terms needed to be used and used specifically in your desired project. In addition, a non-native speaker of English is unlikely to be able to properly translate into this language, as well as translation into Russian is better left to a Russian-speaking translator, who can best select the term or vocabulary to clearly describe the data being translated.
When doing a translation into English, it’s important to clarify in advance which variant of English you need. There are significant differences between American English and British English. Other variations of English such as Indian or Australian are rare in our area. But if you come to the U.S. with your translations of documents made for Britain, you will surprise American officials, because the American bureaucracy has so many radical differences. And all these nuances must be taken into account in translation.
What do you order most often?
If we exclude purely notarial translations of documents, most of all orders of technical nature from our translation company were related to computer and IT subject matter. They often requested translations of instructions for equipment from English, almost all schemes in AutoCAD format are also written in English, even if the rest of the document is in Italian, for example. Almost all goods from China are accompanied by instructions written in poor, so-called “Chinese” English. And it often takes considerable effort to decipher this text in a digestible form for Russian consumers these goods.
We translate English in the following areas:
- Technical translation
Translation of manuals and instructions for delivery, assembly, commissioning and operation of various kinds of machines and equipment; translation of product specifications and technical descriptions; translation of catalogues, abstracts, and datasheets; translation of AutoCAD diagrams (technical documentation); translation of machine and equipment manuals; translation of patents, standards and other regulatory documents.
- Legal translation entails the translation of contracts (agreements), titles establishing legal incorporation and registration documents; translation of articles of association of organizations, memoranda; translation of various certificates, diplomas and certificates; translation of bank statements and other bank documents; translation of legal acts and legal opinions; translation of company business plans, various agreements and understandings; translation of tender offers and expert opinions; translators often search and translate laws
- Literary translation includes the translation of fiction, history, popular science, fantasy and other books, articles, essays, short stories and other prose; literary translation of poetry retaining rhyme or retaining only the meaning of the work; translation of advertising leaflets, flyers, radio and television advertisements; translation of other texts that require creative and creative approach;
- Medical translation is both participation in procurement, procurement and organization of maintenance of equipment for medical institutions and translation of various medical documentation (extracts from medical history, epicrizes, certificates, examination results, etc.); translation of laboratory results, tests, examinations; translation of medical literature and scientific articles in various medical fields; translation of clinical records and disability certificates; translation of researchers’ brochures and research protocols, translation of instructions for use of medications, etc. We can provide all of this and much more with high-quality translations from and into English.
- Software translation and website localization: translation and localization of computer programs, all kinds of software and computer games, translation of help files, translation and maintenance of websites for the English sector of the Internet or vice versa, website maintenance for US or UK companies on the Russian market. Localization of a product, game or software for another user market is more like adapting the software to the culture of that country, and often direct and word-for-word translation cannot be used in localization.
By contacting our technical translation company you can be sure of the competence of our translators, managers and English editors. We will do our best to give you an accurate estimate of the total cost of your order, a specific time frame for the translation and any related work in the shortest possible time. And of course, we will handle your translation in the best way possible. If you have already ordered a translation from/to English and you are not satisfied with the quality of work of another translator or translation agency. In that case, you can use our inexpensive service of revision of the translation performed outside of our agency. This will save you time and money. But, of course, it is better to go straight to the experts in English translation, who have been doing it for more than 20 years!
Some facts about the English language
- English is a West Germanic language that originated in England and is now spoken as a first language by around 400 million people worldwide.
- English is the third most widely spoken language in the world, after Mandarin Chinese and Spanish.
- The English language has more than 170,000 words in current use, and thousands more are added every year.
- English is the official language of 67 countries and territories, including the United Kingdom, the United States, Australia, Canada, and many more.
- English is the language of international business, science, technology, and diplomacy.
- The English language is a member of the Indo-European language family and is closely related to German, Dutch, and Scandinavian languages.
- English has borrowed words from many other languages, including Latin, Greek, French, and Arabic.
- The first English dictionary was published in 1604, and the most widely used dictionary today is the Oxford English Dictionary.
- English spelling can be difficult, with many words having multiple pronunciations and irregularities.
- English is constantly evolving, with new words and expressions being added all the time, and the language itself changing over time.