Translation of all types of documents from and to Japanese
ATT – Translations offers services of experienced and professional translators of the Japanese language of various subjects and specialisations. All of them are capable of performing high-quality and professional translations of standard and not-so-standard specialised texts in the field in which they themselves specialise. The main task of our technical translation agency is to unite and direct the efforts of different specialists in the translation field. Another equally important task is the supervision of the translation process and the subsequent editing of the completed translation, the so-called revision of the translation by an editor.
We have been performing translations of various complexity levels since 2001. Over these years we have participated in a large number of translation projects, some of which included the Japanese language. We mainly translate from Russian into Japanese but we have had other pairs of translations: from English into Japanese, from Japanese into Italian and French and other languages.
We translate Japanese in the following fields:
Technical translation: written translation of manuals and instructions for delivery, assembly and commissioning and operation of various kinds of machines and equipment; translation of product specifications and technical descriptions; translation of catalogues, abstracts, datasheets; translation of AutoCAD schemes describing technical documentation; translation of machine and equipment manuals and reference materials; translation of patents, standards and other normative documents.
Legal translation entails the translation of contracts (agreements), incorporation and registration documents; translation of articles of association of organizations, memoranda; translation of various certificates, diplomas and certificates; translation of bank statements and other bank documents; translation of legal acts and legal opinions; translation of business plans of companies, agreements and arrangements of various kinds; translation of tender offers and expert opinions; translators often deal with law search and translation
Literary translation includes the translation of fiction, history, popular science, science fiction and other books, articles, essays, short stories and other prose; fiction translation of poetry retaining the rhyme or retaining only the meaning of the work; translation of advertising leaflets, flyers, texts advertising on radio and television; translation of other texts that require creative and creative approach;
Medical translation – it is both participation in procurement, procurement and organization of maintenance of equipment for medical institutions and translation of various medical documentation (extracts from medical history, epicrizes, certificates, examination results, etc.); translation of laboratory results, tests, examinations; translation of medical literature and scientific articles in various medical fields; translation of clinical records and disability certificates; translation of brochures of researchers and research protocols, translation of instructions for use of medicines, etc. We are capable of all these and many more with high-quality translation from and to the Japanese language.
Software translation and localization of websites: translation and localization of computer programs, all kinds of software and computer games, translation of help files, translation and maintenance of websites for the Japanese sector of the Internet or vice versa, maintenance of websites of Japanese companies in the Russian market. Localization of a product, game or software for another market is more like adapting the software to the culture of that country, often direct and literal translation cannot be used in localization.
By applying to our Technical Translation Services you can be sure of competent translators, managers and editors in Japanese. We will do our best to give an exact estimate of the total cost of work for your order, concrete deadlines for translation and other related works in the shortest period of time. And of course, we are going to handle your translation in the best way possible. If you have already ordered a translation from and into Japanese but are not satisfied with the quality of another translator or translation agency. In that case, you can use our inexpensive service of editing a translation done outside of our agency. That way you can save both time and money. But of course, it’s better to go straight to the experts in Japanese translation who have been doing it for more than 20 years!
Interesting facts about the Japanese language
Japanese is a fascinating language with a rich history and culture. Here are some interesting facts about Japanese:
- Japanese is the official language of Japan and is spoken by over 130 million people worldwide.
- Japanese has three writing systems: Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji. Hiragana and Katakana are syllabic scripts, while Kanji uses Chinese characters.
- Japanese has a unique grammatical structure with subject-object-verb word order. This can make it challenging to translate sentences from languages with different word orders.
- Japanese has many loanwords from English due to the influence of Western culture on Japan. These loanwords can have different meanings or connotations in Japanese than they do in English, and translators need to be aware of these differences to ensure accurate translations.
- Japanese has many homophones, which are words that sound the same but have different meanings. Translators need to be aware of the context of the sentence to ensure that the correct meaning is conveyed.
- Japanese has a rich cultural and historical context that can be difficult to convey in translation. Certain words and expressions may have cultural connotations that are not easily translatable into other languages.
- Japanese has many levels of politeness and formality, which can make it challenging to accurately convey the nuances of a conversation in translation.
Some difficulties in translation from English to Japanese
Translating from English to Japanese can present certain challenges due to the linguistic and cultural differences between the two languages. Here are some common difficulties that translators may encounter:
- Sentence Structure: English and Japanese have different sentence structures. English follows a subject-verb-object (SVO) order, while Japanese typically follows a subject-object-verb (SOV) order. Translators need to restructure sentences to maintain clarity and natural flow in the translated text.
- Politeness and Honorifics: Japanese has a complex system of honorifics and polite language levels, which indicate the speaker’s social relationships and respect towards others. Translating politeness levels accurately requires understanding the context and appropriate usage of honorifics.
- Contextual Ambiguity: Japanese relies heavily on context, and certain words or phrases may have multiple meanings. Translators need to carefully consider the surrounding context to accurately interpret and translate ambiguous expressions.
- Kanji Characters: Japanese incorporates kanji characters, which are ideograms borrowed from Chinese. Kanji can have multiple readings, and choosing the correct pronunciation and meaning is crucial for accurate translation. Translators must have a strong grasp of kanji and their various nuances.
- Cultural References: Japanese language and culture are closely intertwined, and translating cultural references can be challenging. Translators need to understand Japanese customs, traditions, and popular culture to convey the intended meaning accurately.
- Keigo (Respectful Language): Japanese has specific linguistic forms used to show respect and politeness in formal settings. Translating keigo requires careful attention to honorifics, verb forms, and appropriate expressions to convey the appropriate level of respect.
- Counters and Units: Japanese has a variety of counters and units for counting different objects or specifying quantities. Translating these accurately requires familiarity with the appropriate counters and units for specific items.
- Proverbs and Idioms: the Japanese language is rich in proverbs and idiomatic expressions. Translating these expressions requires finding equivalent idioms or adapting the meaning to convey the intended message effectively in the target language.
- Sound Symbolism: Japanese incorporates onomatopoeic words that imitate sounds or describe sensory experiences. Translating these words accurately can be challenging, as they may not have direct equivalents in English.
- Cultural Sensitivity: Japanese culture has its own unique values, customs, and beliefs. Translators need to be culturally sensitive and adapt translations to ensure they resonate with the target audience while respecting cultural differences.
Overcoming these challenges requires a deep understanding of both languages, cultural familiarity, and expertise in translation. Professional translators with experience in English-to-Japanese translation can navigate these difficulties and provide accurate and culturally appropriate translations.
Why choose us
Looking for top-notch Japanese translation services? Look no further than our company! Our team of expert linguists and translators are native Japanese speakers with years of experience in translating a wide range of documents and materials. We take pride in delivering accurate, clear, concise, and culturally appropriate translations using the latest technology and tools. We understand the importance of fast turnaround times without compromising on quality, and we ensure that all documents and materials are kept secure and confidential throughout the translation process. Our commitment to exceptional customer service and support means that we work closely with our clients to meet their needs and exceed their expectations. Choose us for all your Japanese translation needs and experience the difference that quality, expertise, and customer service can make!