Translation of all types of documents from and to Kyrgyz
ATT Translations offers the services of experienced and professional translators of the Kyrgyz language of various subjects and specialisations. All of them are able to perform high-quality and professional translations of standard and not-so-standard specialised texts in the field in which they themselves specialise. The main task of our technical translation agency is to unite and direct the work of various translation specialists in a proper direction. Another equally important task is the supervision of the translation process and the subsequent editing of the completed translation, the so-called revision of the translation by an editor.
We have been performing translations of various complexity levels since 2001. Over these years we have been involved in a large number of translation projects, many of which involved the Kyrgyz language. In most cases, we have translated from Russian into Kyrgyz, but we have had other pairs of translations: from English into Kyrgyz, from Kyrgyz into Chinese, Korean, and other languages. Fortunately, we have established friendly relations with some translators and whole translation bureaus from Bishkek, Osh and other cities of Kyrgyzstan, thus we are able to translate almost any language pair through the Kyrgyz language.
In each area of specialization, we strive to employ not just any translator-philologist, but a specialist who has significant experience in the particular specialty you need. For example, a music specialist is unlikely to be able to translate a charter or a non-disclosure agreement. A builder or a mechanic will be useless in translating an article about a toothache. In addition to knowledge of a foreign language, in this case Kyrgyz, you need to possess a huge database of special terms, necessary for use and used specifically in the project you need. A non-native speaker of the Kyrgyz language is unlikely to be able to translate into this language in a proper manner, the same as translating from the Kyrgyz language is best done by the Russian-speaking translator who can best select a term or vocabulary to clearly describe the information being translated.
What are the most common orders?
If we exclude purely notarial translations of documents, the most technical orders we received were for the labelling and packaging of Russian products for delivery to Kyrgyzstan. Hundreds of labels of all kinds of confectionery products, cereals and various sunflower oils have been translated by us over the years of work. We have also often translated powers of attorney and consents for legal actions between citizens of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Kyrgyzstan. Several times we have seen medical extracts from hospitals in Kyrgyzstan. There have been translations of multilingual instructions from English into Kyrgyz, among others. When it comes to technical translation, the Kyrgyz language was hardly used. Most technicians, for example, use Russian rather than Kyrgyz when commissioning brewing equipment. But this is not surprising, as Russian is familiar to a large part of the Kyrgyz population.
We translate Kyrgyz in the following areas:
Translation of machine manuals and manuals for delivery, assembly, commissioning and operation of various machines and equipment; translation of product specifications and technical descriptions; translation of catalogues, datasheets, datasheets; translation of AutoCAD schemes describing technical documentation; translation of machine and equipment manuals and reference materials; translation of patents, standards and other regulatory documents.
Legal translation entails the translation of contracts (agreements), titles establishing legal incorporation and registration documents; translation of articles of association of organizations, memoranda; translation of various certificates, diplomas and certificates; translation of bank statements and other bank documents; translation of legal acts and legal opinions; translation of company business plans, various agreements and arrangements; translation of tender offers and expert opinions; frequently translators deal with search and translation of laws
Literary translation includes the translation of fiction, history, popular science, fantasy and other books, articles, essays, short stories and other prose; literary translation of poetry retaining rhyme or retaining only the meaning of the work; translation of advertising leaflets, flyers, radio and television advertisements; translation of other texts that require creative and creative approach;
Medical translation is both participation in procurement, procurement and organization of maintenance of equipment for medical institutions and translation of various medical documentation (extracts from medical history, epicrizes, certificates, examination results, etc.); translation of laboratory results, tests, examinations; translation of medical literature and scientific articles in various medical fields; translation of clinical records and disability certificates; translation of researchers’ brochures and research protocols, translation of instructions for use of medications, etc. We can qualitatively translate all this and much more from and into the Kyrgyz language.
Software translation and localization of websites: translation and localization of computer programs, all kinds of software and computer games, translation of help files, translation and maintenance of websites for the Kyrgyz internet sector or vice versa, maintenance of websites of Kyrgyz companies on the Russian market. Localization of a product, game or program for another user market is more like adapting the software to the culture of that country, often direct and literal translation cannot be used in localization.
When you contact our technical translation agency you will be assured of the competency of our translators, managers and editors in the Kyrgyz language. We would do our best to give you an accurate quote for your project in the shortest time possible, along with a specific deadline for the translation and any related work. And of course, we would be happy to accommodate your specific subject matter. If you have already ordered a translation from and into Kyrgyz but are not satisfied with the work of another translator or translation agency. In that case, you can take advantage of our inexpensive editing service for a translation completed outside of our agency. This could save you both time and money. But of course, it is better to go straight to the experts in Kyrgyz translations, who have been doing this for more than 20 years!
Interesting facts about the Kyrgyz language
- Kyrgyz is a Turkic language spoken primarily in Kyrgyzstan, but also in neighboring countries such as China, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Turkey, and Uzbekistan.
- The Kyrgyz language uses a modified Cyrillic alphabet. It has 33 letters, including 9 vowels and 24 consonants.
- Kyrgyz is an agglutinative language, meaning that words are formed by combining smaller units called morphemes. This allows for a large number of possible word forms and constructions.
- The Kyrgyz language has many loanwords from Arabic, Persian, Russian, and Turkish, among other languages.
- Kyrgyz has several dialects, which can differ in pronunciation, grammar, and vocabulary. The most widely spoken dialect is the Chuy dialect, which is used in the capital city of Bishkek.
- The Kyrgyz language has a rich oral tradition, with many epic poems, songs, and tales passed down through generations. One of the most famous is the Manas epic, which is considered a national treasure and has been recognized by UNESCO as a masterpiece of oral and intangible heritage.
- Kyrgyz is the official language of Kyrgyzstan, along with Russian. However, Russian is still widely spoken in the country, especially in urban areas and among the older generation.
Some difficulties in translation into Kyrgyz
As with any language, there can be challenges when translating into Kyrgyz. Here are a few potential difficulties you might encounter:
- Complex grammar: Kyrgyz has a complex grammar system, with six cases and a rich system of noun and verb inflexion. This can make it challenging to accurately convey the intended meaning of a sentence when translating from a language with simpler grammar rules.
- Vocabulary gaps: As with any language, there may be words or phrases in the source language that don’t have a direct equivalent in Kyrgyz. In these cases, the translator may need to use a combination of context, creativity, and explanation to convey the intended meaning.
- Cultural differences: Cultural differences between the source language and Kyrgyz can also pose challenges for translation. For example, idiomatic expressions and humour may not translate directly and may require adaptation or explanation for a Kyrgyz-speaking audience.
- Dialects: Kyrgyz is spoken in different dialects across various regions, and these dialects may have different vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation. A translator may need to be familiar with multiple dialects to accurately convey the intended meaning.
- Limited resources: There may be a limited number of resources available for translating into Kyrgyz, such as translation software or dictionaries. This can make the process more time-consuming and require more research and consultation with native speakers.
Why choose us
Looking for high-quality Kyrgyz translations? Look no further than our professional translation services! Our team of experienced translators are native speakers of Kyrgyz and have a deep understanding of the language and culture. We specialize in providing accurate translations for a variety of industries and subjects, including legal, medical, technical, and more.
We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and commitment to delivering translations that are not only accurate but also culturally appropriate. Our translators are experts in their fields and have the expertise to handle even the most complex of translation projects.
Whether you need a one-time translation or ongoing translation services, we are here to help. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can assist with your Kyrgyz translation needs.
You can post your questions and comments regarding the translation of documents from and into Kyrgyz here. We will be happy to answer them.
When translating Kyrgyz passports into English, the question arises as to the correct translation of the authority that issued the document.
The old passports of the Kyrgyz Republic specified the IIM (Ichki Ishter Ministerligi) and the numerical code. When translating such passports into English, the abbreviation should be translated as IMD with the branch code.
In modern internal passports of the KR, the issuing authority is indicated as MKK (Mamlektik kattoo kyzmaty) or SRS (in foreign passports). When translated, the issuing authority in a Kyrgyz passport should be translated as the State Registration Service under the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic (SRS under the GKP).
The abbreviation SART (State Agency for Information Resources and Technology) may appear in some Kyrgyz passports abroad. When translated into Russian it should be translated as Государственное агентство информационных ресурсов и технологий при правительстве Киргизской Республики (ГАИРТ при ПКР).