Translation of all types of documents from and to Ukrainian
ATT Translations offers services of experienced and professional translators of the Ukrainian language of various subjects and specialisations. All of them are able to perform high-quality and professional translations of standard and not very standard specialized texts in the area in which they themselves specialize. The main task of our technical translation bureau is to unite and direct the work of various translation specialists in a proper direction. The next important task is to supervise the translation process and the subsequent editing of the completed translation, the so-called revision of the translation by an editor.
We have been performing translations of various complexity levels since 2001. Over these years, we have participated in a large number of translation projects, many of which involved the Ukrainian language. Most of our translations have been from Russian into Ukrainian, but we have had other pairs of translations as well: from Ukrainian into English, from Ukrainian into German, English and other languages. Fortunately, we have established friendly relations with some translators and whole translation agencies from Kiev, Kharkiv, Nikopol and other cities of Ukraine, so that we can translate almost any language pair through Ukrainian.
In each area of specialization, we strive to involve not just a translator-philologist and a specialist with considerable experience in the work of the required speciality. So, a specialist in music is unlikely to be able to properly translate the charter or non-disclosure agreement. And a builder or a mechanic will be useless in translating an article about a toothache. In addition to knowledge of a foreign language, in this case, the Ukrainian language, you need to possess a huge database of special terms required for use and used specifically in the project you need. In addition, a non-native speaker of Ukrainian is unlikely to be able to properly translate into this language, as well as translation from Ukrainian is better left to a Russian-speaking translator, who is best able to select the term or vocabulary to clearly describe the data to be translated.
What are the most common orders?
If we exclude purely notarial translations of documents, most orders of technical nature in our translation company were in the field of product labelling, labels and packaging of Russian products to be delivered to Ukraine. Hundreds of labels of all kinds of confectionery products, cereals, and various types of sunflower oil have been translated by us over the years. We have also often translated powers of attorney and consents for legal actions between Russian and Ukrainian citizens. Several times we have seen medical extracts from hospitals in Ukraine. There have been translations of multilingual manuals from English into Ukrainian, among others. When it comes to technical translation, there was almost no use of the Ukrainian language. Most technical specialists use Russian or English, not Ukrainian, when commissioning machinery, for instance. This is not surprising, as Russian is familiar to a large part of Ukraine’s population.
We translate Ukrainian in the following areas:
Translation of machine manuals and instructions for delivery, assembly, commissioning and operation of various machines and equipment; translation of product specifications and technical descriptions; translation of catalogues, abstracts, and datasheets; translation of AutoCAD diagrams (technical documentation); translation of machine manuals and reference materials; translation of patents, standards and other regulatory documents.
Legal translation entails the translation of contracts (agreements), titles establishing legal incorporation and registration documents; translation of articles of association of organizations, memoranda; translation of various certificates, diplomas and certificates; translation of bank statements and other bank documents; translation of legal acts and legal opinions; translation of company business plans, various agreements and arrangements; translation of tender offers and expert opinions; frequently translators deal with search and translation of laws
Literary translation includes the translation of fiction, history, popular science, fantasy and other books, articles, essays, short stories and other prose; literary translation of poetry retaining rhyme or retaining only the meaning of the work; translation of advertising leaflets, flyers, radio and television advertisements; translation of other texts that require creative and creative approach;
Medical translation is both participation in procurement, procurement and organization of maintenance of equipment for medical institutions and translation of various medical documentation (extracts from medical history, epicrizes, certificates, examination results, etc.); translation of laboratory results, tests, examinations; translation of medical literature and scientific articles in various medical fields; translation of medical and hospital records; translation of researchers’ brochures and research protocols, translation of instructions for use of medications, etc. We are able to provide these and many other services with high-quality translation from and to the Ukrainian language.
Software translation and localization of websites: translation and localization of computer programs, all kinds of software and computer games, translation of help files, translation and maintenance of websites for the Ukrainian sector of the Internet or vice versa, website maintenance for companies from Ukraine on the Russian market. Localization of a product, game or software for another user market is more like adapting the software to the culture of that country, and often direct and literal translation cannot be used in localization.
Applying to our technical translation agency you can be assured of the competency of our translators, managers and editors in Ukrainian. We will do our best to evaluate the full cost of your order, specific terms of translation and associated works as soon as possible. And of course, we will do our best to meet your specific topic of translation. If you have already ordered a translation from and to Ukrainian but are not satisfied with the quality of work of another translator or translation agency. In that case, you can use our inexpensive service of editing a translation completed outside of our agency. In this way, you can save both time and money. But, of course, it is better to go straight to the experts in Ukrainian translation, who have been doing it for more than 20 years!
Interesting facts about the Ukrainian language
- Ukrainian is the official language of Ukraine and is spoken by about 42 million people worldwide.
- Ukrainian is an East Slavic language and is closely related to Russian and Belarusian.
- The modern Ukrainian alphabet consists of 33 letters, including 7 vowels and 26 consonants.
- Ukrainian has a rich literary tradition dating back to the 12th century, with famous authors such as Taras Shevchenko and Ivan Franko.
- Ukrainian has a complex grammatical structure, with six cases and three grammatical genders (masculine, feminine, and neuter).
- Ukrainian is written using the Cyrillic alphabet, which was developed in the 9th century by the brothers Cyril and Methodius, who were Byzantine missionaries.
- Some Ukrainian words have been adopted into other languages, such as “perestroika” and “glasnost” in Russian, and “varenyky” and “borscht” in English.
- Ukrainian is spoken not only in Ukraine but also in neighbouring countries such as Russia, Belarus, Poland, Slovakia, and Romania.
- The Ukrainian language has experienced significant changes and shifts over the years due to historical events such as Soviet Russification and the influence of neighbouring languages.
- Ukrainian has a vibrant and diverse dialect system, with different regions of the country having their own unique linguistic features and variations.
Some difficulties in translation into Ukrainian
General information about potential difficulties in translating from other languages into Ukrainian. Here are a few:
- Grammatical gender: Ukrainian, like many other Slavic languages, has grammatical gender, which means that nouns, adjectives, and other parts of speech change depending on whether they refer to a masculine, feminine, or neuter subject. This can be a challenge for translators who are not used to working with gendered languages.
- Complex verb forms: Ukrainian has a complex system of verb conjugation that includes multiple tenses, moods, and aspects. This can make it difficult for translators to choose the correct form of a verb in a given context.
- Idiomatic expressions: Ukrainian has many idiomatic expressions that can be difficult to translate directly into other languages. Translators need to be familiar with these expressions and understand their meanings in order to find the best equivalent in the target language.
- Vocabulary: Ukrainian has a rich vocabulary, with many words that do not have direct equivalents in other languages. Translators may need to use creative solutions to find the closest possible match in the target language.
- Cultural references: Like any language, Ukrainian is shaped by its culture and history. Translators may need to be familiar with Ukrainian literature, music, and other forms of culture in order to accurately convey the meaning of a text to readers in another language.
These are just a few of the potential challenges that translators may face when translating into Ukrainian. It’s important to work with a skilled and experienced translator who understands the nuances of the language and culture in order to achieve the best possible results.
Why choose us
Looking for accurate and reliable Ukrainian translation services? Look no further! Our team of expert translators is here to provide you with top-quality translations that meet all your needs.
At our company, we understand the importance of clear and accurate communication in today’s global marketplace. That’s why we work hard to provide our clients with accurate and culturally appropriate translations that are tailored to their specific needs.
Our team consists of native Ukrainian speakers who have extensive experience translating a wide range of documents, including legal contracts, marketing materials, medical documents, and more. We use the latest translation software and tools to ensure that our translations are accurate and delivered on time.
Whether you need a one-time translation or ongoing translation services, we are here to help. We pride ourselves on our commitment to quality, customer service, and affordability, and we are confident that you will be satisfied with our services.
So why wait? Contact us today to learn more about our Ukrainian translation services and how we can help you achieve your communication goals.
You can post your questions and comments regarding translation of documents from and into Ukrainian here. We will be happy to answer them.