Translation of all types of documents from and to Georgian
ATT – Translationы offers the services of experienced and professional translators of Georgian in various fields and specialisations. All of them are capable of carrying out high-quality and professional translations of standard and not-so-standard specialised texts in the field in which they themselves specialise. The main task of our technical translation bureau is to unite and direct the work of various translation specialists. Another equally important task is the supervision of the translation process and the subsequent editing of the completed translation, the so-called revision of the translation by an editor.
We have been performing translations of various complexity levels since 2001. Over these years we have taken part in many translation projects, many of which have included the Georgian language. Most of our translations have been from Russian into Georgian, but we have had other pairs translate from English into Georgian, from Georgian into Turkish, Persian, and other languages. Fortunately, we have established friendly relations with some translators and whole translation bureaus in Tbilisi and other cities of Georgia, so we are able to translate almost any language pair through Georgian.
In each area of specialization, we try to involve not just any translator-philologist, but a specialist with significant experience in the particular field. For example, a musician can hardly translate a charter or a non-disclosure agreement. A builder or a mechanic will be useless in translating an article about a toothache. Apart from knowing a foreign language, Georgian in this case, you also have to be fluent in a huge range of specific terms which will need to be used and applied in the project you are defining. In addition, a non-native speaker of Georgian is unlikely to be able to translate well into Georgian, and translation from Georgian is best done by a Russian-speaking translator who has the best idea of the terms or vocabulary to accurately describe the information being translated.
What are the most common orders?
If we exclude purely notarial translations of documents, the most technical orders we received were for the labelling and packaging of Russian products to be delivered to Georgia. We have translated hundreds of labels for a wide range of confectionery products, cereals, and various types of sunflower oil over the years. Powers of attorney and consent to legal actions between Georgian and Russian citizens have also been frequently translated. Several times we have seen medical extracts from hospitals in the Republic of Georgia. There have been translations of multilingual instructions from English into Georgian, among others. When it comes to technical translation, the Georgian language was hardly ever used. Most technicians, for example, use Russian rather than Georgian when commissioning brewing equipment. This is not surprising, since Russian is familiar to a large part of Georgia’s population.
We translate Georgian in the following fields:
Translation of machine manuals and manuals for delivery, assembly, commissioning and operation of various kinds of machinery and equipment; translation of product specifications and technical descriptions; translation of catalogues, datasheets, datasheets; translation of AutoCAD schemes describing technical documentation; translation of machine and equipment manuals and reference materials; translation of patents, standards and other normative documents.
Legal translation entails the translation of contracts (agreements), titles establishing legal incorporation and registration documents; translation of articles of association of organizations, memoranda; translation of various certificates, diplomas and certificates; translation of bank statements and other bank documents; translation of legal acts and legal opinions; translation of company business plans, various agreements and arrangements; translation of tender offers and expert opinions; frequently translators deal with search and translation of laws
Literary translation includes the translation of fiction, history, popular science, fantasy and other books, articles, essays, short stories and other prose; literary translation of poetry retaining rhyme or retaining only the meaning of the work; translation of advertising leaflets, flyers, radio and television advertisements; translation of other texts that require creative and creative approach;
Medical translation is both participation in procurement, procurement and organization of maintenance of equipment for medical institutions and translation of various medical documentation (extracts from medical history, epicrizes, certificates, examination results, etc.); translation of laboratory results, tests, examinations; translation of medical literature and scientific articles in various medical fields; translation of clinical records and disability certificates; translation of researchers’ brochures and research protocols, translation of instructions for use of medications, etc. We can do all this and much more with a high-quality translation from and to the Georgian language.
Software translation and website localization: translation and localization of computer programs, all kinds of software and computer games, translation of help files, translation and maintenance of websites for the Georgian internet sector or vice versa, website maintenance for Georgian companies on the Russian market. Localization of a product, game or program for another market is more like adapting software to the culture of another country – direct and word-for-word translation is often not an option in localization.
When you contact our technical translation agency you will be assured of the competency of our translators, managers and editors. We will do our best to give exact estimates of the total cost of your order, specific timeframes for translation and any related work as soon as possible. And of course, we will do our best to take care of your specific subject matter. If you have already ordered a translation from/to Georgian and are dissatisfied with the work of another translator or translation agency. In that case, you can take advantage of our inexpensive editing service for a translation completed outside of our agency. You can save both time and money. But of course, it’s better to go straight to the experts in Georgian translations, who have been doing it for more than 20 years!
Some facts about Georgian
- Georgian is the official language of Georgia, a country located in the Caucasus region of Eurasia.
- Georgian is written in its own unique script called Mkhedruli, which has 33 letters.
- Georgian is a Kartvelian language, which means it is related to other languages spoken in the Caucasus region, such as Mingrelian and Laz.
- Georgian is known for its complex grammar and rich vocabulary. It has six cases for nouns and adjectives, and verbs can take on up to 12 different tenses.
- Georgian has several dialects, including Kartlian, Kakhetian, and Imeretian.
- The oldest written records of the Georgian language date back to the 5th century AD.
- Georgian has borrowed words from various languages throughout history, including Persian, Arabic, Turkish, and Russian.
- Georgian is spoken by approximately 4.5 million people worldwide, with the majority of speakers residing in Georgia.
- Georgian is a member of the Council of Europe and the European Union’s Eastern Partnership program.
- Georgian has been designated as an endangered language by UNESCO due to declining usage and transmission to younger generations.
Some difficulties in translation into Georgian
- Verb tenses: Georgian has a complex verb tense system that can be difficult to translate into other languages. For example, Georgian has a present tense that is used to indicate habitual actions and a perfect tense that is used to indicate completed actions with a connection to the present.
- Grammar: Georgian grammar is highly inflected, meaning that words change their form depending on their role in the sentence. This can make it difficult to translate accurately into other languages, especially those with different grammar rules.
- Vocabulary: Georgian has a rich and diverse vocabulary, with many words that are unique to the language. Translators may struggle to find the right word or phrase to convey the meaning of a Georgian word in another language.
- Cultural nuances: Georgian culture has its own unique set of values, customs, and traditions, which can be difficult to translate accurately into another language. Translators must have a deep understanding of Georgian culture to ensure that their translations are culturally appropriate.
- Written script: Georgian uses its own unique script, which can make it difficult for translators who are not familiar with the language to read and write accurately.
These are just some of the common difficulties that translators may face when translating into Georgian. It’s important to work with a professional translator who has expertise in the language and culture to ensure accurate and culturally appropriate translations.
Why choose us
Looking for reliable and high-quality translation services for your business or personal needs? Look no further than our professional translation services into Georgian!
Our team of experienced and qualified translators are native speakers of Georgian, ensuring that your translations are accurate and natural-sounding. We pride ourselves on delivering fast and reliable translations, with a commitment to meeting all of our client’s deadlines.
Whether you need to translate legal documents, technical manuals, marketing materials, or any other type of content, we have the expertise and resources to provide you with the best possible results. And with our competitive pricing and commitment to customer satisfaction, you can trust that you’re getting the best value for your money.
So why wait? Contact us today to learn more about our translation services into Georgian and get started on your next project!