Translation of all types of documents from and to Korean
ATT – Translations offers services of experienced and professional translators of the Korean language of various subjects and specialisations. All of them are capable of performing high-quality and professional translations of standard and not-so-standard specialised texts in the field in which they themselves specialise. The main task of our technical translation agency is to unite and direct the efforts of different specialists in the translation field. Another equally important task is the supervision of the translation process and the subsequent editing of the completed translation, the so-called revision of the translation by an editor.
We have been performing translations of various complexity levels since 2001. Over these years we have participated in a large number of translation projects, some of which included the Korean language. We mainly translate from Russian into Korean but we have had other pairs of translations: from English into Korean, from Korean into Italian and French and other languages.
We translate Turkish in the following fields:
Technical translation: written translation of manuals and instructions for delivery, assembly and commissioning and operation of various kinds of machines and equipment; translation of product specifications and technical descriptions; translation of catalogues, abstracts, datasheets; translation of AutoCAD schemes describing technical documentation; translation of machine and equipment manuals and reference materials; translation of patents, standards and other normative documents.
Legal translation entails the translation of contracts (agreements), incorporation and registration documents; translation of articles of association of organizations, memoranda; translation of various certificates, diplomas and certificates; translation of bank statements and other bank documents; translation of legal acts and legal opinions; translation of business plans of companies, agreements and arrangements of various kinds; translation of tender offers and expert opinions; translators often deal with law search and translation
Literary translation includes the translation of fiction, history, popular science, science fiction and other books, articles, essays, short stories and other prose; fiction translation of poetry retaining the rhyme or retaining only the meaning of the work; translation of advertising leaflets, flyers, texts advertising on radio and television; translation of other texts that require creative and creative approach;
Medical translation – it is both participation in procurement, procurement and organization of maintenance of equipment for medical institutions and translation of various medical documentation (extracts from medical history, epicrizes, certificates, examination results, etc.); translation of laboratory results, tests, examinations; translation of medical literature and scientific articles in various medical fields; translation of clinical records and disability certificates; translation of brochures of researchers and research protocols, translation of instructions for use of medicines, etc. We are capable of all these and many more with high-quality translation from and to the Korean language.
Software translation and localization of websites: translation and localization of computer programs, all kinds of software and computer games, translation of help files, translation and maintenance of websites for the Korean sector of the Internet or vice versa, maintenance of websites of Korean companies in the Russian market. Localization of a product, game or software for another market is more like adapting the software to the culture of that country, often direct and literal translation cannot be used in localization.
By applying to our Technical Translation Services you can be sure of competent translators, managers and editors in Korean. We will do our best to give an exact estimate of the total cost of work for your order, concrete deadlines for translation and other related works in the shortest period of time. And of course, we are going to handle your translation in the best way possible. If you have already ordered a translation from and into Korean but are not satisfied with the quality of another translator or translation agency. Inn that case, you can use our inexpensive service of editing a translation done outside of our agency. That way you can save both time and money. But of course, it’s better to go straight to the experts in Korean translation who have been doing it for more than 20 years!
Interesting facts about Korean language
Korean is a fascinating language with a rich history and culture. Here are some interesting facts about Korean:
- Korean is the official language of both North and South Korea and is spoken by over 75 million people worldwide.
- Korean is a language isolate, which means that it is not related to any other known language family. This makes it a unique language with its own distinct features.
- Korean has a unique writing system called Hangul, which was created in the 15th century. It consists of 24 letters, including 14 consonants and 10 vowels.
- Korean has a complex honorific system, which means that the way you speak to someone depends on their social status and your relationship with them. This can make it challenging to accurately convey the nuances of a conversation in translation.
- Korean has many loanwords from Chinese and Japanese due to the historical influence of these languages on Korean culture.
- Korean has a rich cultural and historical context that can be difficult to convey in translation. Certain words and expressions may have cultural connotations that are not easily translatable into other languages.
- Korean has a unique grammatical structure with subject-object-verb word order. This can make it challenging to translate sentences from languages with different word orders.
Some difficulties in translation from English into Korean
Translating from English to Korean can present certain challenges due to the linguistic and cultural differences between the two languages. Here are some common difficulties that translators may encounter:
- Grammar and Sentence Structure: Korean sentence structure is different from English. Korean follows a subject-object-verb (SOV) order, while English follows a subject-verb-object (SVO) order. Translators need to restructure sentences to ensure they are grammatically correct and convey the intended meaning in Korean.
- Honorifics and Politeness Levels: Korean has a complex system of honorifics and politeness levels that reflect social hierarchies and relationships. Translating honorifics accurately requires understanding the appropriate level of formality and respect for different situations.
- Verb Endings and Honorific Verb Forms: Korean verbs have various endings that indicate tense, mood, and honorific levels. Translators need to use the correct verb endings and honorific verb forms to accurately convey the intended message and social dynamics.
- Honorific Pronouns and Titles: Korean uses different pronouns and titles to address people based on their age, social status, and relationship. Translating honorific pronouns and titles requires understanding the appropriate usage and respect levels in Korean culture.
- Politeness and Formality: Korean has different levels of politeness and formality that can significantly impact translation choices. Translators must consider the appropriate level of politeness and formality based on the context and target audience.
- Cultural References and Context: Korean language and culture are closely intertwined, and translating cultural references and context-specific expressions can be challenging. Translators need to have a deep understanding of Korean culture, customs, and traditions to accurately convey the intended meaning.
- Proverbs and Idioms: Korean language includes many proverbs and idiomatic expressions that may not have direct equivalents in English. Translators must find suitable equivalents or adapt the meaning to convey the intended message effectively.
- Counting Systems: Korean has multiple counting systems for different objects, quantities, and contexts. Translators need to understand the appropriate counting system and use the correct counters to convey accurate numerical information.
- Sound Symbolism and Onomatopoeia: Korean incorporates sound symbolism and onomatopoeic words to describe sounds and sensory experiences. Translating these words requires finding equivalent words or expressions that capture the intended meaning and sound effects.
- Cultural Sensitivity: Translators need to be culturally sensitive and adapt translations to align with Korean cultural norms and values. This includes understanding appropriate levels of formality, respect for elders, and cultural nuances.
Overcoming these challenges requires expertise in both the English and Korean languages, cultural knowledge, and experience in translation. Professional translators with a strong command of both languages can navigate these difficulties and provide accurate and culturally appropriate translations.
Why choose us
Looking for high-quality Korean translations? Look no further than our company! With years of experience and a team of expert linguists and translators, we are the premier provider of Korean translation services.
Why choose us? Here are just a few reasons:
- Expertise: Our team of translators are native Korean speakers with years of experience in translating a wide range of documents and materials. They have a deep understanding of the language and its unique features, ensuring accurate and reliable translations every time.
- Quality: We pride ourselves on delivering translations that are not only accurate, but also clear, concise, and culturally appropriate. We use the latest translation technology and tools to ensure consistency and quality across all our translations.
- Speed: We understand that time is of the essence when it comes to translations. That’s why we offer fast turnaround times without compromising on quality. Whether you need a document translated urgently or have a large project that requires multiple translations, we can deliver on time and within budget.
- Confidentiality: We take confidentiality seriously and ensure that all documents and materials are kept secure and confidential throughout the translation process.
- Customer service: We are committed to providing exceptional customer service and support. Our team is available to answer any questions or concerns you may have, and we work closely with our clients to ensure that their needs are met and expectations exceeded.
Choose us for all your Korean translation needs and experience the difference that quality, expertise, and customer service can make!